Logan Manor sleeping up to 10 guests
Logan Manor makes a wonderful home for those wanting to enjoy a relaxed Scottish break, in easy reaching distance of Edinburgh and fantastic attractions and amenities. Set in the village of Dalkeith, within three and a half acres of private gardens, it offers complete peace and quiet. When listening to the soothing sounds of the River Esk, which runs through the property, it will be hard to believe you are just a short car journey away from the buzzing capital city.
Originally dating back to 1703, the Manor has been lovingly modernised in recent years by its current owners who have managed to seamlessly blend its original charm and character with updated interiors and contemporary facilities. Logan Manor can comfortably accommodate up to ten guests across five beautifully appointed bedrooms, each of which boasting its very own en-suite bathroom.
On the ground floor is the fully equipped kitchen which comes complete with all the tools a budding chef could possibly need as well as a bright sun room, the perfect spot to enjoy some quite time with a good read while enjoying the garden views. Upstairs, on the first floor is the main drawing room, with its cosy fireplace this is a fantastic space to snuggle up and put on your favourite film. Also on this level is the first of the bedrooms, a super-king room with en-suite bathroom. On the second floor is the beautiful master suite with its super-king bed and luxurious en-suite bathroom complete with indulgent roll-top bath and walk-in rain shower. There is also a further bedroom, a twin, which can on request be set up as a super-king, with en-suite shower room. Finally, on the third floor are the remaining two bedrooms, a super-king room, and a twin room, which again on request can be set up as a super-king room, both of which boast an en-suite shower room.
Outside, the gardens are a real oasis, there is no better way to end a day than to enjoy a soak in the hydro pool swim spa. On a warm evening, the whole gang will enjoy gathering together on the terrace for a yummy barbecue al fresco!
LOGAN MANOR CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR PACKAGES 2020
Included in our Christmas & New Year packages (minimum stay 5 nights):
- Arrive from 3pm to a chilled glass of Champagne and a warm welcome to the house.
- Two course kitchen supper already prepared for you to just pop into the oven at your own convenience.
- The larder filled with everything you need for your first morning breakfast.
- Our bedrooms will all have fresh flowers, Champagne and chocolates.
Logan Manor is situated in the historic town of Dalkeith, just a twenty-five-minute car journey from the city of Edinburgh, with its fabulous attractions and famous sights. Alternatively, should you wish to leave the car at home you can choose to take the train into Edinburgh from the near-by station, reaching the city takes just fifteen minutes. Edinburgh Airport is conveniently located just twenty minutes away, making this the perfect home for a reunion of international friends.
Helpful amenities such as shops and restaurants can be found in the centre of Dalkeith, just a five-minute walk from the Manor. Fort Douglas set within Dalkeith Country Park, is just a five-minute car journey away, makes a fantastic place for the whole family to spend an afternoon with its beautiful walks, excellent restaurant, café and adventure playground. Less than a 10-minute car journey away is the Edinburgh Butterfly & Insect World, here the children are bound to enjoy getting up close to creepy crawlies, fascinating reptiles and beautiful butterflies.
For keen golfers, there are excellent courses in the surrounding area, including Duddingston, Muirfield, Gullane and North Berwick. Arguably the most famous of all, St Andrews, is just an 90-mninute car journey from the home.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with hob, microwave and dishwasher and terrace access
- Living space in sun room with dining facilities for 10, large windows and skylight with garden views
- Snug with private bar
- Drawing room with fireplace
- Bedroom with super-king bed and en-suite bathroom with rain shower over the bath
- Master suite with super-king size bed and en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath and walk-in rain shower
- Bedroom with two single beds and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower (can be set up as a super-king room, please request which you would prefer at time of booking)
- Bedrom with two single beds and en-suite shower room (can be set up as a super-king room, please request which you would prefer at time of booking)
- Bedroom with super-king size bed and en-suite shower room
- Hydro Pool Swim Spa
- 3.5 acres of private gardens
- River Esk flows through the garden
- Terrace with dining facilities
- Resident hens to provide fresh eggs for breakfast
- Smart TVs in the drawing room & kitchen
- sonos music system
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Hypnos beds in every room
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Washing machine & dryer
- Iron & ironing board
- Heated floor in 3 of the bathrooms
- Child's highchair